Sunday, April 17, 2011

Our Extreme Couponing: Walgreens Operation Nivea


This morning we purchased a sunday paper, reviewed the coupons and found that it was really worth buying two more.

With these coupons in hand, I reviewed the local ads and the best deal (for something that we use), was Nivea Body Wash. This stuff retails from 4.99 to 5.99 per bottle.

Being a Walgreen Member, the card discounted the bottles to 3.79. In the sunday paper, there was a coupon for $3 dollars off! So bam, each bottle was .79 cents. Heck, I think I may buy a few. The coupon flier had both a coupon for men and woman's. So with 3 papers, that is 6 bottles.

I also had a coupon for the Maalox for a buck off. The Walgreens reward card brought the retail bottle of 7.99 to 4.99, and with a coupon it was only 3.99. I originally thought the bottle would be 2.99, but it was 3.99. My barrier cost changes depending on the item, but generally I don't like paying more than 3 bucks for an item on sale, but Maalox is good until Feb of 2014, so bottle up!


Walgreen Reward Coupons: 13.20
News Paper MFG Coupons: 19.00

Total Cost Paid: 8.73 wo tax.

Total Percent Paid: 8.73/32.20= 27.1%

Discount Percent: 100-27.1= 72.9%

Was the 6 bucks paid for the sunday paper(s) worth it? Indeed.

There has been few times I was actually laughing while leaving the store, this time the house didn't win!

No comments:

Post a Comment