Sunday, May 15, 2011

Extreme Couponing: Operation Gillette


Ok, a few weeks ago there was a MEGA PICK of coupons in the sunday paper. We purchased 8 to 10 papers that weekend, inside was this great coupon: Buy 1 Gillette Body Wash, Get 1 Gillette Deodorant Free. Now at the time, we hit up other operations (such as old spice, nivea, and irish spring) of great deals, which can be seen in our blog. But I knew at some point this coupon would be golden, and when the right deal would show itself, we would strike like a eagle striking a lake trout.

This sundays paper (TODAY), they distributed 2 Gillette Coupons.

Coupon1: Get 2.00 off a Gillette Body Wash

Coupon2: Buy 1 Gillette Deodorant Get 1 Free.

So lookie what we have here, a combo deal of the century. By utilizing my coupons from a few weeks ago and todays golden tickets, we can score something fierce.

Now, the third angle to this triangle is where we score the deal from, and in todays flier from Walgreens stood the answer. The deal was, Buy 3 Gillette Body Wash, for 10 bucks and receive 1000 Bonus Points! Wow, that is great, but what else was Walgreens doing, they had a buy 1 Gillette Deodorant, get 1 half off! Holy Toledo, the Sun, the Earth, TheMoon are in line. Let's take them to the cleaners!

Basically the single deal was this:

1. Buy 3 Body Wash, for 10 bucks, get 1000 bonus points.
2. Use 3 Coupons for 2.00 off each body wash, net cost (4 bucks).
3. Utilize my buy a body wash, get a deodorant coupon (3 free deodorants).
4. Utilize my buy 1 deodorant, get 1 free (use 3 coupons- 4 max per shopping trip) But since I already had a one on my ticket from point (3), my purchase price was half off of 5.50 to 2.75! But my coupon removed the retail price from the bill.

Net cost per cycle it was 7 bucks for 3 body wash, and 9 deodorants. Of course, I had to pay taxes on the entire total, but at these savings I am fine with that!

I did this shopping cycle 3 times today and scored 9 body washes, and scores (26 or 27) of gillette deodorant.

Funny, these deodorants are 5.50 per stick and my normal price point for old spice has always been 2.50-3.25 per stick. So you could say I am living high on the proverbial good smelling hog tonight!

Now getting back to these bonus points, according to my walgreen account, 2000 or 2500 points can be turned in for 5.00 of store credit! So, with these purchases today, I am very close to netting 10 free walgreen bucks! As the now unemployed Charlie Sheen has coined, "Winning, Duh".

No comments:

Post a Comment