Friday, March 1, 2013

Life without Cable continues...

Life without Cable...

Certainly one thing has kept me going pretty strong regarding the lack of a DirecTV bill each month, and it is free. Podcasts! Yes, podcasts. They can be downloaded on your computer, or in my case to my cell phone. I then have something to listen to  and sometimes watch while on the treadmill.

My weekly downloaded shows are, in no particular order.

-Car Talk from NPR (Comedy/Knowledge)
-The BS Report (Bill Simmons, ESPN/Sports)
-The Adam Carolla Podcast (Comedy)
-Freakeconomics Radio Podcast (Knowledge)
-Mad Money with Jim Cramer (CNBC, Comedy/Knowledge)

The Mad Money podcast is a video podcast, so a cable show for free, how awesome is that. Certainly, it is about investing stocks, but I actually learn a thing or two about industry from this show.


2 comments:

  1. Good work. With my hour commute, I have built up some experience in podcasts. Let me also recommend:

    1) WNYC's Radiolab. It's a science-y storytelling NPR show that is crazy good.ra
    2) NPR's Planet Money. It's like Freakonomics, but heavier on the economy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will check these out, I must of listened to over 30 of those freakonomic clips over the past 4 months.

    ReplyDelete