Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Toilet Subfloor Removal

The master bathroom has been on ongoing project that begin with a flexing tile wall in the shower. This lead me to remove the walls, and remove the shower walls and associated floor. Once the tiling was complete (glass door is not yet), I began my efforts on the master closet by removing the carpet and replacing with large 24"x 12" tile. Upon completion, I moved the progress to the bathroom room and then into the toilet room. After removing the carpet, the toilet had created a ring of water damage to the subfloor. It was my act to remove the 3/4" plywood and replace, however I needed to add additional supports between the running rafters. To cover the hole, I needed to jig 3 pieces that covered these holes.

The main key is to transfer the load appropriately from the toilet to the new members to the rafters. Without, there would be a major issue.

Currently at this point, I need to screw them in and remove the baseboards, add the tile subfloor and begin the tiling process.  I have had bought a toilet riser device to allow the differential between the tile finish floor and the previous finish floor.

The Toilet and the Process... Part 1 

No comments:

Post a Comment