Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Hero Status Achieved


Tonight I saved some body's dog while jogging. I know, hold your applause.

I went jogging, saw some woman trying to tackle her unleashed dog unsuccessfully along a fence-line near a semi-busy street. I went over offered to help corral the dog, knowing the frustration of having a dog get loose in town (not fun). After 2 minutes of no progress, I realized my I-phone was on my shoulder.

I took the earphones off, and told the woman, "don't worry, I have an App for that".

She replied, "really??"

I scrolled the menu over 3 levels and turned on the Free I-phone Dog Whistle Application. I turned it on medium to high frequency, and blared the sound of high screeching noise. The dog stopped instantly in it's tracks (so did the other 2 crazy dogs behind the fence). But the unleashed dog did not stop fully, he started to chase the dogs, but after 15 seconds he stopped and calmly walked to it's owner.

The woman told me that the dog had jumped over a privacy fence and has twice already done so.


The Morale of the Story, never leave home without your Phone, especially if your phone can tell time, surf the internet, play music, download daily ESPN podcast, or become a Dog Whistle!

M

No comments:

Post a Comment